I deleted my previous blog because it had too many posts that were telling stuffs that are not happening anymore. It will take too much time if I choose to delete one by one. The title of this blog itself is inspired by a friend. I suppose he just randomly typed whatever that popped into his mind, but I think it's great for a blog title. So, welcome to The Complicated Peace.
I am typing this from one of the computers in Centrale Medische Bibliotheek. So, I've been spending the whole October in Groningen and it's my last week in this town. It's scary how time flies. It feels like just yesterday I felt all excited because it's my first time coming to Europe. I was (and still) amazed by literally everything: to see all the European houses in every corner of the street, to smell all the breads baking from the bakeries, to hear Dutch people talking, to taste the Dutch typical foods, and to feel the fresh air. But it's coming to an end. I have this mixed up feeling of sadness and happiness. Sad because I am not sure if I'll ever get the chance to come back again, but happy on the other hand- because I can't stand the weather any longer. I am lucky enough though, for I come when it's Autumn. I can't imagine how cold it'll be in Winter.
Other than some heartbreaking moments that happened some weeks ago, life's been treating me very well. How not? I got to learn many new things in Urology Department in UMCG- which is one of the best hospitals worldwide. I got to see many operations technique and interventions that I've never seen during my rotation in Indonesia. I met a lot of interns who are going through pretty much the same thing with me (I mean: the never ending medical school, the on-call shifts, and all. hehe). And the best thing is that I got to know many professors and urologists that are very humble and kind. Well, so far, I believe this 'October' should be given a reward for being the best month of 2016. But, who knows what will happen for the rest two months?
The complicated peace. I think it's a good title because it describes the-current-me very perfectly. I am happy, but sometimes a few simple things annoy me and they can just ruin the whole day. For instance, when I was trying so freaking hard to move on, the ''On This Day'' section in Facebook suddenly showed some old pictures and bang!. I became all gloomy. But no worries, it's not happening anymore. For real! Haha.
I visited Paris and Amsterdam for the last two weekends. It was amazing. I still have so many countries I want to go, but it's very sad that I only have so little time left! Let's just see how everything turns out in the end.
Signing off,
Stevanie.
No comments:
Post a Comment