My last Sunday in Groningen. The sky's just started to turn bright and I think there won't be so much of the sun today. All the shops will be opened at 12 PM, so I don't have much to do in the morning. Breakfast was a cup of coffee, two slices of volkorenbrood with chocolate sprinkles, two lumpia, and a chocolate wafer. I've been eating so much without even think of controlling my calories intake. I admit it hasn't been a very healthy month, but it's only thirty days of guilty pleasure. Yes?
I went out with all of my housemates yesterday. We went to the Noordeplantsoen to take pictures with all those picturesque autumn leaves. Then we had some pies and gigantic spare ribs. It was a nice day..
| Kak Cory - Kak Ika - Krystle - Selva - Stevanie - Ci Ren |
I meet a lot of new friends here, both Dutch and Indonesians. I am grateful to know each of them. Everyone has their own ups-and-downs stories. Most of them somehow manage to do very great every time they face problems. I feel kinda ashamed because I am the type of person who can easily get broken and all crashed over simple things in life. Now that I've heard their experiences, I hope I can learn to become a better self.
Two days ago, I went to Giethoorn. Giethoorn is a small village in the northeastern Dutch province of Overijssel. It takes only 90 minutes with train to reach there from Groningen. I never heard of the village until Dad told me about it a month before I came here. Daddy read it from his twitter feeds and he's very excited that time. It's like he's implicitly telling me that I have to go to that place. When I had some days left, he kept on asking me whether I'd go to Giethoorn or not and that upset me a little. But then, I chose to go there over Brussel because I think that'd make daddy happy. So, it wasn't totally my will to go there at first.
The weather forecast told me that it'd be a shiny day on Friday, but it wasn't at all. It was cloudy and even drizzling that afternoon. I was very mad and disappointed, thinking what's the point of going there with that kind of weather.
But I was wrong.
Giethoorn was still amazing despite the gloomy weather. The village consists of cute little houses like those we see in the fairy tale. It has no big roads for cars, so the main transportation there is by foot or by boat. Walking around there gave me that serene feeling. I could see boats slowly passing by and could hear birds chirping. We were lucky because there're only few tourists that day. I heard it can be very crowded and busy during high-season. Well, long story short, thank you Daddy for recommending the place. Hehe.
| Inside the bus from Steenwijk to Giethoorn. It's a pure candid by Kak Cory! |
| Kak Cory inside the boat during canal cruise |
| One of the houses in the village |
| It's amazing, isn't it? |
By the way, talking about my last day. My flight is at 14.30 tomorrow. However, the Schipol airport is two hours away by train from Groningen. So, I need to leave quite early in the morning. I haven't packed my luggage up until this moment because I suppose I need to buy some more snacks/souvenirs. The problem is.. I came here with 27 kg of baggage and my allowance is only 30 kg. So tell me, how am I supposed to pack all my stuffs-from-home plus all the things I bought here? Well, let's see if I can figure it out in the end. I think it's a 'should', though.
Signing off,
Stevanie
No comments:
Post a Comment