Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Trust

/trəst/ noun
: firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
As quoted from dictionary.com.

(According to my experiences,) Trust is a building block of all types of relationship. Friendships, dating, marriages, business, doctor-patient, teachers-students; it's needed everywhere. When it's broken, it may lead to the end of the relationship. Without trust, suspicion arises. Suspicion causes anger, anger generates enmity, and enmity may result in separation.

I don't type this randomly. Because come on, it's been ages since the last time I wrote something and then I just came up with a title like this? No way. I was reading about arthritis when I decided to visit this page. Hmm.  All in all, I actually just feel like updating my blog. Hehe.

I never had problems trusting people before. Until recently.  Well, perhaps not so recent - it's been difficult for some months now. I don't care much about it because it's not like I am planning to be in some sort of committed relationship any time soon. However, it's starting to affect my life. I feel doubtful so easily about everything that I think I have some trust issues. I can't quite describe the matter that make me realize about having trust issues, though. But, it's really bothering me since it involves some of the closest person in my life. All I can say to myself and those closest person is: We can never have absolute certainty in life. Trust and risk of being hurt go hand-in-hand. It's a matter of time until we are ready to take the risk of being wounded and be okay after that. I just hope that all these storms will lead to a stronger bond between everyone involved. Fingers crossed?

All right. Enough with the heavy stuffs! I am currently preparing myself for the upcoming national exam- so called the UKMPPD (Ujian Kompetensi Mahasiswa Pendidikan Profesi Dokter) in the 2nd and 3rd week of May. Excluding trust issues, life's been good so far! I eat and sleep well, I run every now and then, I watch whichever K-dramas I feel like watching, and I study/read whatever topics that come across my mind. 

Oh. I had my first toenail extracted yesterday. Thank God someone discovered anesthetic agents in the past, because it'd be awfully painful without them! Please grow fast, dear toenail, will you? Although I know it'll take months until I have a new one. Sigh. 

I think some pictures will suffice to show what's been happening for the previous months: 
(I just realized this is my first post in 2017!)


 I and Sheirly, my 'running buddy'. Haha. It's my first 10k race.

 Last day as co-assistant. 

*The black box is intended to keep patient confidentiality*

Anin and I.
Some days after the announcement of her national exam!
She made it!
Lydia and I after our evening run.

5k fun race with Medical Runners.

Someday after a short run

Bella and I, attending our classmate's wedding party.

Last!

That's all for now!

"For better or worse, our future will be determined in large part by our dreams and by the struggle to make them real."
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi


Signing off,


Stevanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment