+ 1 day. For two days in a row, most of my calories intake came from birthday cakes. I feel extremely guilty, but I'll excuse myself because it's only once a year. No?
Hold on. Before I start typing too much, I'd like to clarify that I actually knew Olly Murs already from the song Up, which he sings with Demi Lovato. I just realized it is the same person when YouTube randomly played that song. Well, it's nothing.... just wanted to show you guys that I am not that outdated! Haha.
Hold on. Before I start typing too much, I'd like to clarify that I actually knew Olly Murs already from the song Up, which he sings with Demi Lovato. I just realized it is the same person when YouTube randomly played that song. Well, it's nothing.... just wanted to show you guys that I am not that outdated! Haha.
Okay. So. Twenty two.
I've been spending at least five years of my life in Yogyakarta. I realize it's not a short time, but somehow I still feel like I am the same little spoiled girl that has just arrived here and started my university life. I mean, I am supposed to be wiser and more mature overtime, right?
Some things stay the same. For instance: I still text Dad and Mom every single day to tell them everything that's going on. I still live in the same boarding house (because it's too troublesome for me to move here and there). I still find it hard to deal with homesickness. I still feel sleepy if I don't get to take a nap sometimes. I still put some post-its with motivational quotes on my wall to cheer me up. And etc.
Nevertheless, a lot of changes also happened in the past year, especially in the last 2 - 3 months. The ups-and-downs moments were all inevitable. One thing for sure is that, right now, I feel much more grateful for life.
Here are some to-do list that I made for myself yesterday. I wrote it in a paper and it's now hanging on the wall:
I've been spending at least five years of my life in Yogyakarta. I realize it's not a short time, but somehow I still feel like I am the same little spoiled girl that has just arrived here and started my university life. I mean, I am supposed to be wiser and more mature overtime, right?
Some things stay the same. For instance: I still text Dad and Mom every single day to tell them everything that's going on. I still live in the same boarding house (because it's too troublesome for me to move here and there). I still find it hard to deal with homesickness. I still feel sleepy if I don't get to take a nap sometimes. I still put some post-its with motivational quotes on my wall to cheer me up. And etc.
Nevertheless, a lot of changes also happened in the past year, especially in the last 2 - 3 months. The ups-and-downs moments were all inevitable. One thing for sure is that, right now, I feel much more grateful for life.
Here are some to-do list that I made for myself yesterday. I wrote it in a paper and it's now hanging on the wall:
22nd year. To-do List:
1. Remember to always greet Dad&Mom good morning/night and say I love them every day.
2. Remember to always appreciate my friends, esp. those who were there when I was in my worst days.
3. Study hard. Stop procrastinating.
4. Be a useful person. Dedicate yourself.
5. Live a healthy life. Stop eating junk foods way too often. (FOR REAL, S!) Exercise regularly.
....
Those are pretty much some important (but silly) stuffs I wish I could do for the rest of the year. Fingers crossed?
Some latest pictures:
![]() |
| With Anin, my 'gemeli' throughout the clinical rotation |
![]() |
| We were choosing our best group photos |
![]() |
| Recent group mates |
![]() |
| With Bella's homemade chocolate lava cupcakes! |
![]() |
| With Lydia. And that typical pose again. |
![]() |
| Scorpion Queens. |
![]() |
| Finally. Me. Making some wishes. Weirdly. |
'In life, you will realize there is a role for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, some will love you, and some will teach you. But the ones who are truly important are the ones who bring out the best in you. They are the rare and amazing people who remind you why it's worth it.'
Signing off,
Stevanie.







No comments:
Post a Comment